Become a Member
We have 1009 Forum members and counting.
There is no annual fee for basic membership in UPnP Forum. Basic membership offers the following opportunities:
- Leadership. Design and drive the device descriptions for your industry's products and services and the products with which they will interact.
- Leverage your assets. Ensure that your legacy products and new products can talk and interact dynamically on UPnP network.
- Learn more. Gain a broad understanding of UPnP technology and its opportunities for your products and industry.
- Leverage Forum market development. Gain access to UPnP Forum events including Plugfest compatibility workshops, UPnP Partner Pavilions at major trade shows, use of the UPnP Forum Member logo, and public relations support.
- Find partners. Interact with and leverage the resources of the large, diverse group of organizations actively creating and investing in UPnP technology.
The annual fee for implementer membership in UPnP Forum is US$5,000. Implementer Members enjoy all the benefits of Basic Members and the following additional benefits:
- Access to the official UPnP test tool and ability to test devices for UPnP® Certification.
- Special assistance in obtaining technical support from the test tool product support team.
- License to the UPnP® Certification Mark for display on certified products and associated product marketing collateral.
- Ability to include your company’s certified devices in the online listing of certified devices.
The annual fee for Steering Committee membership in UPnP Forum is US$15,000. Steering Committee Members enjoy all the benefits of Implementer Members and the following additional benefits:
- Oversee the governance and operation of UPnP Forum.
- Identify device priorities for the UPnP Forum’s focus, based on market readiness and practical considerations such as bringing value to customers in a timely fashion.
- Form Working Committees and appoint Chairpersons to these Committees to lead the technical design work of DCPs and DCPFs.
- Monitor and encourage the progress of the Working Committees to ensure that proposed DCPs and DCPFs are obtained in a timely fashion.
- Oversee the review process of DCPs and DCPFs and their confirmation as standards, including submission as International Standards.
- Design and oversee the test qualification and logo programs for device certification.
- Approve any communications to the general public and other organizations regarding UPnP Forum activities.
- Approve amendments to the UPnP Forum Membership Agreement.
Do You Have Questions About the Agreement?
If you have questions of a legal nature about the membership agreement please email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org with the text "UPnP Forum Membership Agreement" in the subject line of your message.
If you have questions of a general nature about the UPnP initiative or the UPnP Forum, please email your questions to email@example.com with the text "UPnP Information Request" in the subject line of your message.